Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So it's come to my attention...

So it has come to my attention that I have readers! Therefore, I have decided to continue on with my previously-abandoned blog...

First of all, I would like to say: what a difference a year makes! Remember how I gushed over that new GAGA girl? Well, now, even if you wanted to, you couldn't say that you didn't know who she was :) Yay! And if you're not obsessed with her...well, what's wrong with you! Her music isn't sophisticated enough? Well, dance music doesn't need to be...she has a message, and she's sending it...her way...kudos, Gaga!

Now, I left off with some of my Fine Frenzy and Lily Allen obsessions. I am happy to inform you that I have picked up other obsessions since.

First, La Roux, a fantastic explosion of Brit-Pop that my lovely friend Sarah brought to my attention. Think euro-electronica complete with crazed hair, eyeshadow straight out of a Wharhol pic, and the boyfriend blazer :) For starters, I would recommend "In It For the Kill" and "Bulletproof," which are both solid anthems that say what they mean and mean what they say.

Next, and on a completely different note, all of my neighbors get a quick and not-so-real apology from me because I've been blasting Guetta for the past month non-stop! Who is Guetta, you ask? Ummm...that would be David Guetta, the famed French DJ at Pacha in Ibiza who has recently made a splash in the US mainstream scene with "Sexy Chick" (yes, the even edited the title). He's known for house and dance hits like "Love is Gone" and "When Love Takes Over." If you're feeling adventurous and in the mood to be mystified, I would recommend "If We Ever."

Try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1BXw1Ce7uA&feature=player_embedded

And before you ask, YES, THIS IS A DANCE SONG!!!

Yay, I have a new post for the new year...epic win!

Enjoy,
me :)

Note: If there is anything you'd like me to blog about, take a listen to, or profile, let me know!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment